Building a home gym isn’t an easy task and the toughest part is picking the right equipment under a certain budget and one of the equipment is a dumbbell set or if you’re going for regular dumbbells, well then, dumbbell sets.
We’d recommend an adjustable dumbbell over regular dumbbells any day and here are our top 5 picks.
IronMaster Quick-Lock (read adjustable dumbbell reviews here)
- For those looking for a durable and well-constructed dumbbell set, here’s our top pick. You can adjust it from as low 5 lbs to 75 lbs in increments of 2.5 lb and with an add-on kit, you can go as high as 120 lbs.
- Also, adjusting weights is quick and easy and shouldn’t take more than 10-15 seconds. Tighten the pins to keep the plates in position as you lift. These dumbbells should cost you around $400-$450.
Universal Power Pak
- If you’re looking for a slightly reasonable option this dumbbell set checks all the boxes. It comes with a non-slippery grip which ensures maximum safety and the 1-year warranty is a guarantee of the product’s durability.
- This dumbbell set should cost you around $200-$250 and can be adjusted from 4 lbs to 45 lbs in 5 lbs increments. Also, the stand provides an easy storage alternative while the detailed workout guide helps you make the most of the dumbbells.
- If comfort and convenience are of utmost priority, then the PowerBlock Elite is a must buy. The pin weight adjustment system enables you to switch weights in seconds thus helping you perform even the most challenging or workouts efficiently.
- These can be adjusted from 5-70 lbs and with an add-on can reach up to 130 lbs. It also comes with a 10-year warranty, this is often seen as a reliable and durable dumbbell set. The dumbbell set should cost you around $299-$699 depending on your weight preference.
- Bowflex is one of the top-recommended brands by Fitnessguyd and their SelectTech dumbbell set is one the best dumbbells you can find for a price range of $200-$299. It also comes with the dial weight adjustment system, the most convenient system of all.
- Also, you can adjust the weight from 5 lbs to 52.5 lbs in 2.5 lbs increments. Along with this, you’ll also get a stand for easy storage and a workout DVD which contains all important moves and techniques for an effective and efficient workout.
Xmark adjustable dumbbells
- One of the main reasons the Xmark dumbbell set is so popular amongst customers is because of its durability. The steel built ensures it can handle all sorts of daily abuse. Also, it’s only with this brand that you have the option to buy a single dumbbell otherwise you’d need an entirely new set.
- While it is cheap, it has certain drawbacks too. You can only adjust the weight in an increment of 10 thus reducing versatility. Also, the knob tends to malfunction thus risking the safety of your workout.